Under the Te Arawa Lakes Trust Deed of Trust, notice is given that on Tuesday 16 March 2021 an election will be held for one (1) Trustee from Te Kawatapuārangi Rohe.
Nominations for the one (1) position opened on Wednesday 20 January 2021 and close at 5pm on Friday 12 February 2021. Nominations must be made on an official nomination paper available:
- by contacting the Te Arawa Lakes Trust office (1194 Haupapa Street, Rotorua) or phoning 07 346 1761;
- by downloading it here
- by phoning the Returning Office on 0800 922 822.
To be eligible for nomination and election as a Trustee, a candidate must:
- as at the closing date for nominations, be recorded in the Te Arawa Register as a member of a Hapū that is within the Te Kawatapuārangi Rohe; and
- not be physically or mentally incapacitated to the extent that he or she is unable to perform the duties of a Trustee; and
- not be bankrupt or make any composition or arrangement with his or her creditors; and
- not be convicted of an indictable offence; and
- not hold the position of a permanent employee of the Trust.
A candidate must be nominated by five (5) eligible Adult Members of Te Arawa shown on the Te Arawa Register as being entitled to vote for the Te Kawatapuārangi Rohe. Nominations must be in writing and received by the Independent Returning Officer no later than 5pm, Friday 12 February 2021.
Retiring Trustees are eligible for re-election.
If there is more than one candidate, an election will be held, with voting opening on Friday 26 February 2021 and closing at 12 noon on Tuesday 16 March 2021.
Invitation to Register
Applications are invited from qualified persons not recorded in the Te Arawa Lakes Trust Register for inclusion of their names in the Register of members. Applications for inclusion on the Register for this election closes at 5pm, Friday 12 February 2021. Registration forms are obtainable by phoning the Trust on 07 346 1761 or online at www.tearawa.iwi.nz.
Dale Ofsoske, Independent Returning Officer
Independent Election Services Ltd
for Te Arawa Lakes Trust