Under the Te Arawa Lakes Trust Deed of Trust, notice is given that on Friday 10 March 2023 an election will be held for one (1) Trustee from Te Kawatapuārangi Rohe.
Nominations for the one (1) position closed at 5pm on Friday 24 February 2023. Nominations must be made on an official nomination paper available:
- by phoning the Election Services Office on 0800 922 822 or
- emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for nomination and election as a Trustee, a candidate must:
- as at the closing date for nominations, be recorded in the Te Arawa Register as a member of a Hapū that is within the Te Kawatapuārangi Rohe; and
- not be physically or mentally incapacitated to the extent that he or she is unable to perform the duties of a Trustee; and
- not be bankrupt or make any composition or arrangement with his or her creditors; and
- not be convicted of an indictable offence; and
- not hold the position of a permanent employee of the Trust.
A candidate must be nominated by five (5) eligible Adult Members of Te Arawa shown on the Te Arawa Register as being entitled to vote for the Te Kawatapuārangi Rohe. Nominations must be in writing and received by the Independent Returning Officer no later than 5pm, Friday 24 February 2023.
Retiring Trustees are eligible for re-election.
Invitation to Register
Applications are invited from qualified persons not recorded in the Te Arawa Lakes Trust Register for inclusion of their names in the Register of members. Applications for inclusion on the Register for this election closes at 5pm, Friday 24 February 2023. Registration forms are obtainable by contacting the trust or obtaining and returning aregistration form from the website, tearawa.io